Monday, December 14, 2009

Countdown to balance

How can you look into this face and not want to SQUEEZE him???


Two more days until we are balanced! (or not!! LOL). The big brown truck is bringing Vinnie's package from Clean Run on Wednesday. I love the big brown truck!!

I have been working with Vinnie on the four foot board (with 1" PVC under it). I have to keep one foot on the PVC so it doesn't roll and I put my other foot under the up side so it doesn't bang (seriously... Vinnie's probably pretty lucky I have not fallen on him yet!). He is really not liking any movement under his feet at all. I think for the next session, I'll get out a blanket or towel to deaden the sound and sit on the floor with him instead of standing. He was pretty good today - he's putting a foot on the up side and staying there for his treat. Next time, we'll try for two feet on the board!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Did you drug the poor little guy!! He has got to be the cleanest darn little dog in Iowa. You got some really cute shots of him!
    You might want to up his ante on his board work. Work him for his breakfast and supper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two DVDs - one is Stretching the Performance Dog and the other is Strengthening the Performance Dog. You are welcome to borrow them for exercise ideas. You could email me and we could figure out how to do the "hand off." You are way more organized at training than I am!

    ReplyDelete