Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And So It Begins...

Vinnie and I began our class tonight with Melinda (tomorrow night it's Michele's turn!). We will have two classes per week for several weeks - I think this will be good for Vinnie (and me!). We BOTH need to get out of the house and work our little brains and bodies.

Melinda's class is in Iowa City, so Vin and I left straight from work and headed south. We found the building and then headed for Micky D's for dinner (mine, not Vinnie's).

In class, we worked on handler focus (yeah! we are making some progress!), bouncing (which came a little TOO naturally :-), recalls (ok... we only had one VERY SMALL incident of puppy rips), stays (hmmm... I have been slacking in this department, but we rebounded quickly) and downs (ugh... this gets Vinnie's nose even closer to the ground - must work on sniffing). Class went very well - I think his head only spun a few times!

Once home, Brian's best quote: "I thought class was supposed to wear him out?". Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't tell him we are probably just building endurance. I'm worn out - does that count? As I type this, he is chewing on my slippers (I'm wearing them) and all I can think is "at least I know where he is and what he's doing".

Night!!

2 comments:

  1. Next week we'll do more MOVING things to wear him out. That'll work? Right? Your last sentence gave me a major Phoenix flashback. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the problem is that he's getting a 40 minute POWER NAP on they way home! Maybe next week let him drive and YOU NAP. Hum....Maybe that's NOT such a great idea! G

    ReplyDelete