Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Boy and his Bird

What could a girl want more for her 41st birthday than a fake duck? Not much, let me tell ya!! This is one of the most fun birthday presents that I have ever gotten!

I have been working a bit with Vinnie in the house. He is great with his bumpers and his dumbbells, but when he first saw the duck, he kinda lost his mind. Seriously. There was no way in duckdom that he was going to bring that duck back if I was stupid enough to throw it away!

So we worked in the house, throwing it into corners (preventing escape with said duck... henceforth to be known as "Donald"). I tried taking Donald and Vinnie out into the yard. I put Vinnie on a flexi (Donald was loose) and pitched Donald into a corner of the yard. Vinnie still tried for the great escape with Donald. Back into the house we went for more practice.

Working with Donald in the house has been going great. Vinnie has been bringing him back without hesitation. I decided after grooming Vinnie (yep... he's groomed AGAIN!) that I would try to take the two of them outside again for some photos. I also took along some turkey. Worked like a charm - Vinnie did not try to abscond with Donald at all!! Good boy Vinnie!!

Sometimes Donald does get a bit heavy - maybe he should call Jenny Craig?

1 comment: