Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pressure!

It's so simple really. Have a trick ready for the last puppy class. REALLY... it's a SIMPLE assignment, right. Ugh.... NOT. I have taught Vinnie lots of little tricks over the last few months, but ask me to teach a NEW trick by a certain date and I completely fold under the pressure.

I had a brilliant idea - inspired by Tammy teaching Seeker the skateboard. Hmmm... wouldn't it be cute to teach Vinnie to push a little kid's shopping cart? I could totally see in my mind's eye that this would evolve into picking up the little fake plastic food, putting it in the cart, giving money to a "cashier"... you can see it, right? Totally stinkin' adorable. Well guess what? The little kid's carts are too stinking FLIMSY!!! I got one and there was no way Vinnie would be able to put his front feet on it without the whole thing going over - I even thought about putting a brick in the bottom, but the damn thing was so cheap that it wouldn't roll if it was too heavy. Who makes toys like this for kids? My sister had an ultra cool cart like that when we were kids and it was totally sturdy... I wonder if mom and dad still have it?

Ugh... back to the drawing board. Someone kill me now!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! That is GREAT!! I LOVE IT! I'll ask the same gal at work that got my the Skate Board! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe try a little baby carriage? Would that be any tougher? The weasels could ride in it! Get busy!

    ReplyDelete